Sunday, March 27, 2011

If you're happy and your know it, Blog [Gizelle-less, yet Aubrey-ful]

So yesterday, Saturday, was the practice game for the Parents vs. PSD Staff Basketball game. Gizelles dad is playing. I thought about it, but I haven't play ball since I was probably 8, and I am way more than out of shape, plus G likes playing ball. I took Gizelle to watch him practice, and we sat with his girlfriend, Kristie, and watched. No more them 10 minutes into it, the word "exhausted" could have been stamped on his forehead. Gizelle was grumpy anyway because she wanted to spend time with him, and sitting on the side line watching him play a game that didn't include her just wasn't cutting it. G held up for another hour then he said he needed to go home and eat. He took Gizelle with him, and I headed home alone.

Shawn came home from drill later on, and we ran out to do a few errands. He has been craving sloppy joes for a while, and I am all for dinner short cuts, so a can of manwich and some ground beef was perfectly okay with me! We were all exhausted and went to bed early. I felt bad for Shawn, since Aubrey discovered how hilarious it is to wait till daddy is almost asleep then rub her nose between his ribs. She is such a character. It's always weird waking up and not hearing Gizelle making all of her loud yells. My first reaction is "she is either doing something totally bad, or she is being extremely good". Then it takes me a second to remember that her dad took her for the night. I wish that he could take her more often. I know he would if he could, sometimes things just don't work out the way we want.

I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already. Shawn is starting his new job tomorrow which I am overjoyed about. Finally, he will be working "normal" hours and will be home by dinnner time. It's better then working where he was working. Now we are looking into getting Aubrey into daycare, with Aubrey is so excited about. She tells me EVERY day "I want to go to school mom!!" I can go back to work. I really miss working. I am not a fan of staying cooped up in the house and watching other people make money and leave. There are actually some days where I don't see the actually sun light other then from the window. I smell a whole new me. A whole new life. A whole new game plan. A whole new "happy".

  I try to do as much good as I can. Donating money/items. Helping everyone that asks for help. Making people smile. Listening to them cry or vent. Rescuing animals. I have done alot, and I never brag about it. I just do it. I recently started wondering if my good deeds would ever pay off. There are alot of days where I say God is pointing his finger at me and laughing. When Shawn found out about his new job, and all the scattered puzzle pieces started finding their way back together, I think that was the huge flashlight at the end of the tunnel. God was just playing with the power button for a little. I swear he must have a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment