Thursday, March 24, 2011

ramble ramble ramble [crazy.loving.HUNGRY.chillin like a villian]

Oh Gizelle.. how you drive me crazy. I am trying to type this, with her sitting on my lap, in front of the laptop, with her crazy hair in my face. Shawn is being awesome and making pizzas for us. Aubrey is being her usual self, dancing in front of the TV and being her happy go lucky self. The crazy dogs, Tessa and Monty, are chasing each other down. My mom is hanging out on the couch. Just another day that sounds boring, but is anything but.

I have this box of candy that I am selling so I can raise money for Gizelle, her father, and I to go on this trip with Gizelles school to the ASDC (American Society for Deaf Children) Conference in Washington D.C. in June. From what I have heard, they hold these conferences every 2 years, and some awesome deaf teachers from the school have informed me that it is an AMAZING thing to take your deaf children too. They said how it is just so informative for the all parents, and so great for the kids. I have decided we are going no matter if we raise all the money or not. I believe we have to raise about $400 more for just us three to go. I am honestly excited that Gizelles dad is coming. Sure it will be a little different with us staying in a dorm together, but we actually get along fairly well. He has been trying hard to become a bigger part of Gizelles school activities. I am proud!

This weekend is the practice game for the parents vs. staff basketball game. G is playing, and I am going to bring Gizelle to both the practice game and the real game. Gizelle and G have this amazing bond. They just click in their own special father-daughter way, even though she doesn't get to see her as much as she would like. It makes me happy.

Back to the ASDC conference, leave it to me to get sidetracked and try to recover in a blog, haha. I think I am just going to buy the box, and get a new one. Shawn can take it to drill with him and sell it to his fellow soldiers. I hope all the parents that are trying to raise money get to go! Speaking of the army, I just realized today that Shawns deployment just keeps creeping up. I always say "he is deploying in about a year". Today, I realized that, it is indeed less then that. I can't get to into it for OPSEC reasons, but I am sure you will hear me vent about it the closer it gets.

 I honestly am a little excited. We have talked alot about it, and I decided I am going to be the best care package sender possible. I told him I want to try to get the other families we will deploy with on my team, and we can talk about what each soldier specifically likes, what they will miss, etc. Shawn said I should look into being an FRG leader. FRG is probably one of the few military code words I know. Family Readiness Group. I think it sounds like a pretty ideal thing for me to do, but I honestly don't know all the responsibilities of being an actual FRG leader. I need to step my game up and get my license, like ASAP. I know that its not all about the soldier as far as deployments go. WE need out support as well. I hope things go as well I plan, but HAHA that rarely happens. It would be nice to have like, a monthly thing for us to do. Bowling, Pool Halls, stuff like that.

Didn't I say my future posts wouldn't be long and crazy? whoops. I failed to mention that once I start typing, there is a chance I will ramble like drunk. Maybe thats what it is. Maybe I am just drunk off life. Sounds about right. It also explains why sometimes I wake up and feel hungover without any alcohol in my blood.

Okay, I am flagged.. until next time..!
 xoxo - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment