Friday, April 15, 2011

Good Days Make Good Blogs =)

Today was a little backwards for my  girls. Usually, Gizelle is the pain in the butt and Aubrey is the angel. They must have had a mental plot against me today. Aubrey and I slept in today which was nice. We came downstairs and colored. She came to me with a green marker and said " I want to color the Phanatic" So I started a google journey to find coloring pages of the Phillies Phanatic. I printed out 2 because I still love to color. Even though she came to me with the right color marker for the job, she decided to color him pink, which I total support because I am all for thinking outside of the box. Shortly after, she takes off her diaper and says she has to pee pee. I already had the potty set up for her, but sometime between those time frames, she took out the pot and put the lid on, so after applauding her for taking another step into big girl world, I realized she actually peed into the hole and soaked the carpet. Never the less, she did sit on the potty and peed so I couldn't be mad.

How does she take her next big girl step? She taked all the markers out into the hallway and sits on the bottom step, takes all the lids off, and colors the hallway green and brown. Aubrey was introduced to time out. She is not a fan. She told me she is so so sorry and promised to never do it again, and accepted the "no coloring for the rest of the day" punishment. Even when she is in trouble, she still talks like such an adult.

Gizelle comes home and is such an angel *insert death by shock here*. I was extremely pleased to read that she had a great day at school, and that the teachers came to an agreement. Gizelle is currently in a half ASL class and a half hearing class since she is a cochlear implant user. She doesn't wear it at all so she actually doesn't benefit from it at all. We have been talking about getting her switched, but since it is so far into the school year it might be too overwhelming for her. The teachers decided that once a week Gizelle will spend her morning in the strictly ASL class where I think she will do amazing. And as a bonus, a nice lady name Melissa will be coming into her class twice a week and she will be spending one-on-one time with Gizelle and working on her ASL which she is already mastering.

Gizelle impressed me today with her signing. The disney princesses, we know as Belle, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, etc, and not as easy to explain to a deaf child. This is where "name signs" come in. To Gizelle, her own name is not Gizelle. It is a "G" in ASL tapped on her cheek, since she has chubby cheeks. So when I asked her who the princesses were, well, I recorded her response.

She said Ariel was "fish", Jasmine was "hat/tiara", Cinderella was "shoes", Belle was "book" and of course Aurora was "sleep". Gizelle always impresses me with her signs/expressions. Ever since I can remember, she has memorized movies, action by action. Before I even knew she was deaf, we had the intro dance to the Backyardigans down pat. Now, shes like a ninja with her eyes! She doesn't miss anything. I love her so much.

She went to sleep early, thank goodness. Shawn decided to take Aubrey to bed, and the dogs followed. I am up with no noise other then TV. This is a rare moment in mommy-dom for me! I am going to continue enjoying my peace now.

I hope everybody has a lovely weekend!!

Oh by the way, I am over 300 views now! This honestly makes me very happy! I see alot of blogs do contests and things of that nature. I would love to do something like that, but I would not have the slightest idea what to do. I mean, I don't really have a make up blog, I don't make or sell anything, hmm.. I guess I will think more into it. I am open to any ideas. Feel free to comment or email me if you have any suggestions.

xoxo - Katie


1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    Thank you for dropping by on my page :)
    Love to reads mommy's blog too..

    You are so blessed with two beautiful girls...

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete