Friday, April 8, 2011

Government Shutdown; Army Wife Meltdown

Okay, I was having a good day. Then I got really into all this Government Shutdown, dare I say, Bullcrap. As an Army Wife, a proud one at that, of course, you would assume I am not smiling.

All it took was a few words to set me off. Military Pay Freeze. ARE YOU SERIOUS? My husband didn't join the army because of a pay check, let me say that first. He just happens to have always loved history, and also happens to love where he lives. He loves it so much, he decided to sign his life into a contract that could actually cost him his life. Is there many that would do the same?

Somebody spoke on my status earlier, stating last time they checked, the Military was volunteer. Yes, correct. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and telling you to join. But, if the BRAVE souls that have joined the military would have never joined, people would be drafted. Thank GOD people like my husband, and my best friend, who is a woman, serve this country proudly. If not, people that didn't give a rats ass might be drafted, people that couldn't care less even. And then what? They could have "not cared" in combat, and could to plenty more harm then good. THANK YOU SERVICE MEMBERS FOR DOING ALL THAT YOU DO. AND ALSO, THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOUR FAMILIES.

Now, These brave BRAVE B-R-A-V-E men & women protect us. They fight for us. They are the reason why I have the freedom to speak freely on this blog. They are the reason random stranger can stand in front of them in uniform and tell them how terrible they are. Do they not deserve to get paid? How dare you, congress. Yea, I said it. Why doesn't Mr. Barack Obama freeze his pay? It's not like he has to pay a mortgage. He doesn't have to worry about a late utility bill. Don't get me wrong, it isn't just Obama, he has all of congress with him too. As a matter of fact, freeze their pay too. Our troops actually train, go to classes, leave their families, risk their lives, to defend this country. Why take their pay away and keep paying those who just keep causing us all more economic hardships? It's really sad.

It's as if Obama catchy little "YES We Can!" turned into "Uhmm I thought we could." Meanwhile, crazy old Donald Trump, that rich rich man, is being pretty awesome. I must say, I first learned about him considering running for president while watching him get roasted on comedy central. I thought it was hilarious. Now, Mr. Trump has this big investigation, paying SO many people to investigate our Mr. President Obama, to show his birth certificate because he is trying to prove that he wasn't born here. NOW, if I was Mr. Obama, I would call up Donald, and tell him to come over for some ice cream and show him my birth certificate. Why is it so secret? It's actually kind of creepy. We don't even know if he was born here. I am honestly weirded out still because a long time ago somebody pointed out to me how Barack sounds like Iraq, and Obama sounds like Osama. Did somebody make a whoopsie and allow some freak to run this country? Makes me wonder.

Anyway.. I was watching NBC news. They had a countdown in the corner on the screen. It reminded me of New Years, only you don't know if there is anything to celebrate. How come children must learn to compromise, and the people learning this country can't even do it? What has this world come to? I think I heard earlier on the news that the congressmen will be affected by the shutdown by losing there dry cleaning service, their dining hall privilages, and their gym privilages. REALLY? How what a shame, you can't use your dining hall, atleast you have food to eat. What about us families that are already stuggling, how are we suppose to feed our children? Oh what a shame, you can't use your free dry cleaning, we always had to pay for it, so grow up, atleast your still getting a check. Oh WHAT A SHAME... You can not use your gym. What does my husband always say? PT IS FREE. My husband jokingly said he is going to show up in front of the white house and tell them to come out, this is your gym. I must say, my husband and I sure know how to make a bad situation a little bit lighter.

If I happen to have more to right later, I am sure I will, I will be back blogger... oh I WILL be BACK.

xoxo - PROUD ARMY WIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment