Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hippity Hoo Blaaah

Just another weekend.. Yesterday I spent the majority of the day alone with the girls at home. We cuddles on the couch on a rainy Saturday and watched lots of Disney movies. Aubrey and I played on the doodle board. She mastered spelling out her name at age 1, but I wanted to go a little bit further with it. I would write her name and we would go over what each letter sounded like. She did great. We moved on to mommy, and daddy, and drum. She was playing with her toy drum a little bit before, so it was fitting. I love that Aubrey is so hungry for knowledge and enjoys education. She did so good, and she always makes me proud. I thought, I never did this with Gizelle. I mean, I know she can't sound out letters, but like I said before, to Gizelle her name isn't Gizelle. It's her sign name which is a G in ASL tapped on her cheek. So, since the deaf diva was getting jealous, I thought what the hell lets give it a shot.

I wrote her name she looked at it, looked at me, signed a G then did her sign name. She hasn't totally mastered her alphabet, but she knows a good bit of it. She eventually signed the rest of the letters, and I was proud of her. She has been playing alot of games on NickJr.com and she really likes the ABC games. I must say, though my kids are completely different, they are both beautiful and brilliant. And they both are artist in their own way. Aubrey likes to sing, dance, and play toy instruments (she has been begging for a guitar). Gizelle is fantastic with paper and pen or markers or whatever, even the doodle pad. The doodle pad is a curse and a blessing. It's not messy and is an easy clean up, but if she makes a mistake, shes mad because she has to erase her art.
Pretty good, huh?  She is excellent at drawing facial expressions. the slanted eyebrows and squiggle mouth of a mad face, she makes sure the eyes are bigger then the tears in her crying face. I love her. I think art is so important. I had a huge mirror that I found on craigslist that was from somebodys dresser. We used to sit with washable markers and draw everything we could think of, and she loved using wipes to clean up her mess.

Luckily, I have Shawn here all day today. Yesterday he had to help out a close family friend for the day. Today, he is all ours on this lazy Sunday. I decided that we are going to walk in the March of Dimes, or the March for Babies. I haven't had a preemie baby, infact Gizelle was right on time, and Aubrey almost a week late. I still want to do this. It was hard picking a team name. Every body has names like Adams Angels and things like that. I was half tempted to make mine Just Because. Shawn said we should call ourselves Team Super Cool. I actually considered it. I have never done a walk before, so I just pictured us being called for something "Could Team Super Cool please approach this area?" Yea, so that was out of the question. I came up with "Big Steps for Little Toes". Not really for anybody inparticular, but still for the babies. Perfect.

I don't really like to promote myself. Not me, not my blog, not anything. But if for some reason you want to donate money to our team, Here is our teams link. I told Aubrey she can pick the amount she wants to donate in her name. She declined to 20. I said, 15, she said No even more so like now I am being cheap. I said then how much? She said, 28. so 28$ it is for her. Silly little girls.

Maybe I will write more later, as for now, I am going to hang out with mi familia.

xoxo - Katie

By the way, Thank you all for reading, as always. I see so many page views, but only 7 followers =( If you read the blog regularly, don't forget to follow so I can see who you people are. I appreciate all the views either way! 

1 comment: