Tuesday, April 26, 2011

peekaboo! here I am!

Yess I haven't posted in 9 days. First, there was a big confusion with a good friend of mine and she ended up in jail. After that got figured out, I had to have her back because I consider her family. We got that figured out, for the most part. soon after that, Thursday, Shawn started saying he had a sore throat. I figured it was allergies and tried to get him rested and on some meds. Friday he was sucking down cough drops all day at work and went from a little sick to totally not right. Saturdat it was even worse, he couldn't open his mouth to speak, couldn't eat, couldn't do much of anything except take medicine and sleep. Shawn NEVER gets sick.. EVER. So this was a huge deal.

He stayed home on Easter and just slept while I went to my Aunts and spent time with the family, and Gizelle went with her Wely & Welo to a party. When we got home all he wanted to do was sleep more. I didn't know what else to do. I was up till 4 am with stress and insomnia. Shawn woke up in the middle of the night and went to the other bedroom so he could stretch out. I felt so bad. I went back to sleep, and woke up to him nudging me in tears. it was 8 am. Well hello there final straw.

Off I went, texting anybody who might be awake to drive us to the hospital because there was no way in hell I was going to let him drive like that. Good old Brittany, thankfully she has been staying at her dads right up the street and she is an early bird. She knows that Shawn doesn't cry and is never ill and never complains, so the fact that he is all three at once was declared an emergency. Off the the VA Hospital we went. A few hours in, the figured out the issue. Like I had suspected there was a bad infection, and to my suprise, there was a huge abcest growing on his tonsil. They drained it, 4 cc's of pus. Yum. 

Oh, did I mention that this was our 3 year anniversary? Yea, spent the whole day of our anniversary in there. We made plans that he would take me to get my tattoo on our special day, but that was the last thing on my mind, apparently the first thing on his. Like a soldier, he declared our plan a "mission". and Like a soldier, this mission wasn't over. He started telling me that he wants me to go get it done and for Brittany to be my rent-a-husband. I declined, but when he actual started crying, pretty much begging me to go, I considered. The nurse over heard everything and told me that he would be sleeping the majority of his stay and for me to not feel bad going to do anything I had to do. FINE. I will go get tattood. I think I understood his point After they said he was being admitted. I was just sitting there and I couldn't make him better. Poor Brittany was just sitting in the waiting room. She was thrilled to be my rent-a-husband. Off we went.

Isn't it beautiful? Its the Phillies Phanatic, pretty much the same one that is on the carton of Batter Up ice cream by turkey hill, except for WAY more detailed. I must say, if you are local and you want a tattoo, go to Sinktheink.net and check them out because they are AWESOME! When we got back to the hospital afterwards, he was just getting to his room. In fact, admissions told us what room he was in and we got there before he did! He stayed the night and the swelling went down and he is okay. Not 100% back to normal but he is getting there.

I think that sums it all up for now.  Friday, April 29th is my birthday! I cant wait to sit next to my love and watch the phillies play in some amazing seats. Look forward to pics of that!!!

xoxo - Katie

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you (just in case i cant login)