Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Never Forget The Butterflies. [emotional.but.okay]

Well, yesterday did get better. We were all actually asleep by like 11:30. That never happens. This morning, was doomed from the start.

I remember Shawn leaping out of bed like a ninja. Then looking at the window and seeing sun. Oh no, he's late. Shawn literally had time to throw on his ACU's, run to the bathroom, then run out the door. Monty was so sad. Shawn always takes Monty out in the morning. Monty literally layed in front on the bedroom door with high hopes daddy was coming back for him. He heard the door close then he jumped on the bed and gave me the saddest most heart broken puppy face ever. Gizelle went off to school, the dogs were walked, Aubrey of course is like her momma and could sleep all day. She woke up around 10 am.

I actually ordered breakfast. Sad, I know. With Shawn working during the day, and me not driving, and me feeling so crappy lately, I haven't been the best food shopper.  Aubrey didn't mind! I was reminded that I need to stop up by brothers, which is always fun. I love my brother, and his wife, and my beautiful niece and nephews. Oh, and my dog-nephews too, Taz and Duke. Duke is actually Tessa's litter-mate, so it was very apropriate that my brother got the brother and I got the sister. That was actually the line I used to sucker Shawn into letting me get Tessa. Yea, I am a genius. Haha.

I text husband, to tell him we will need to make a pit stop later, and ask him about my tattoo idea. He informs me his grandfather passed away. Eek, bad timing about the the tattoo talk. His grandfather was a veteran. We actually talked about this a few weeks ago. Shawn was thinking about what his arrangements may be. Shawn is the type, that when he passes away (lalala dont wan't to think about it lalalala) he will want a service as military as possible. I told Shawn that if he feels that strongly, he should contact him grandmother, who I had the pleasure of meeting at her surprise 80th birthday party last year. I remember him telling me about the party. I thought "OH NO! You can't surprise an 80 year old!". Well, I learned that this woman is NOT your average 80 year old. She looks WAY younger then what she is. She plays the piano for her church, she is pretty amazing! I can only hope to look that great at that age.

Anywho, I told him to talk to her, to see what their wishes were. Maybe they didn't want a military style service? I know my grandfather, also a veteran, had a some-what military funeral. No guns or anything like that, they did have the color guard and the flag folding deal. He never got the chance to talk to them about it. I let him no today after hearing the news, he should talk to his grandmom now, more then before. Shawn has all the right contacts to get ahold of the right people for his services. I hope they are all okay.

On a lighter note, I did the Imagination Movers "jump up, get down" dance a total of 10 times in a row with these crazy girls. Gizelle wanted to either hold my hands and do it with me, or budge Aubrey out of the spotlight aka directly infront of the TV. There was a minor fight 7:10 dances. So far, today has been pretty chill. I am planning on cooking up some steak and rice, or potatoes maybe, for dinner.

OH And the Phillies will be tonight. I hope it isn't as bad as a game it was last night. It was funny last night. One minute, Aubrey is yelling LETS GO PHILLIES! The next, she is telling me she isn't a phillies fans. I jokingly told her she needs to move out.. her reply? She hits my leg and yells OHHH COME ON! She is the cutest thing. I love her, and her little catch phrases.

Also, on a not so lighter note (a heavier note?),  I got a email notification that MyaRose Harris' blog was updated. I was a little shocked. MyaRose, was a beautiful little girl that was close friends with Gizelle last year in her classroom. She had cancer. I will never forget the "Parent Playgroup Meeting" at her school where her teacher, Amber, informed us all that Mya has been in the hospital for a week. I just got chills again, the same chills as that day. I remember looking at Sam, (Sophies mom, another one of Gizelles good friends) and we both cried.

I remember, Sam and I talking privately after the meeting that we should get the girls together and talke them to the hospital to see her, siince all three girls were pretty tight. Amber came over and told us, it might not be a good idea, and Mya is in really bad shape. I think the next day, There was a knock at my door. I wasn't really expecting anyone. To my surprise, it was Amber. Amber, with tears flooding her eyes. I instantly bawled. You just kind of know, ya know? A few days after that, I seen the littlest casket I ever seen in my life. I cried as soon as I seen it. How couldn't you? Knowing there was a small child, a baby even, 2 years old in there. Friday will be a year since she passed away. This little girl has effected my life, more then anyone will ever understand. I still have a picture of Amber with Gizelle and MyaRose from PumpkinFest at PSD. I think I want to get a balloon, and let Gizelle draw a happy face or something on it, and tell her its for Mya. She still knows her sign name. She tells me she was sick.

 There was a very small get together at the school last year for her. The school got a butterfly bench in her memory. My family, and Sophie's family were the only families there, plus some staff. One of Mya's teachers told a story where a butterfly was flying around at recess the one day and she said something like "Mya, is that you?" and the butterly came back around. A few minutes later, Gizelle and Sophie, clueless as to why we were all there in the first place, were running around and playing, and a butterfly came and starting playing with them. It was beautiful. It was the rainbow after the storm. I will never forget that day.

In hopes that Today stays pretty mellow, I am going to go and start dinner and play with the girls and wait for my husband to come home. I have a feeling I am going to give him a pretty big hug. He deserves it.

xoxo - Katie

Heres the picture I was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment