Thursday, April 7, 2011

Where's My Stinkin' Rainbow? [stuck in a storm]

You know how they say after the storm comes the rainbow? I would like the weatherman to please give me my forecast so I will have a round about idea when this storm will be over. I know, I am stressed because of everything going on. I can handle a light shower, I even actually enjoy dancing in the rain. Thunder is okay, but once the lightening comes.. and the storm doesn't look like it will end soon, it gets really frustrating. By the way, I am not actually talking about the weather for those of you who didn't catch on.

Gizelle, once again, pushy-shoving-not sharing day at school, as she has been having all week. I accidently caused Aubrey to get punched in the eye by the dog and she has a scratch on her eyelid. Gizelle has her stank-butt attitude turned all the way up. I let her play on nickjr.com games, and Aubrey wanted to sit on my lap and watch TV. Aubrey didn't reach for the computer, let alone even look at it. Gizelle tells me to put her somewhere else, she tries to cover up Blue on the Blues Clues dress up game. She's such a booger sometimes, lately it seems like more days then other.

This was all just an hour or two after Gizelle cam home from school. Gizelle picked a different game to play. When she plays on the computer, I always put it on mute. Mostly because she can't hear it anyway and I don't want the sounds to distract Aubrey, but also because I can hear, and I like to understand how difficult it is for her. Sometimes she asks for help on things that are so simple, games she has played 1000 times, and I just tell her she plays and I watch. She gets SO heated. I really want to get her behavior looked at. I really don't want some doctor to just push a perscription at me and tell me to shove drugs in my 4 year old.

I looked into couponing today. I really hate the sunday paper. I actually can't stand newpapers at all. The feel of them, the smell of them, how the kids and animals make a mess out of them. I really don't feel like paying, what is it, like $1.50 for a newspaper once a week just for coupons. I looked into it and acutally seen that Red Plum, and Smart Source (coupon providers for the paper) have websites that you can e-clip coupons and print them. I found websites that I can match up where to get the best deals, and match up what stores have what my coupon in for already on sale so on some occassions I can get things for free.

The main reason why I want to do this, is for when Shawn deploys. I want to send care packages as often as possible. Not just for him, but for everybody he is stationed with. I want to provide them with everything they need. Shawn doesn't doubt me that I can do this, and he says it's perfect for me, since I am such a mother hen sometimes. I like to look at this situation that way. I want to provide and take care of my little chick (yes, I called my husband a little chick) and all his nest-mates, until they are ready to fly. And by fly, I mean come the hell home and be back with there families, safely, not a scratch on them.

I sent Gizelle to bed without dinner. I feel bad doing it, but honestly, the kid is denying anything I make. If it doesn't come in a Papa John's square box, or it isn't what the princess requested, she doesn't want it. Sometimes she tells me she wants something (hotdogs today) and I make them, and she changes her mind. I cannot STAND being wasteful. Once again, I am at loss of communication to explain to her that they are children starving right now and she should be grateful. I can't tell her that Shawn works hard to provide for us, and that it's like a slap in the face so be wasteful like that. It drives me bananas. I told her, you eat, or go to bed. She marched herself, cinderella dress, heels, tiara, and all, upstairs. I told her I was mad at her, and I cooked that for her, and I was sad. I really wish there was an easier way to deal with her.

Am I doing it wrong? I don't think so. I mean, I could be. I keep telling myself, God gives you nothing you weren't built to handle. I still feel like God has a sense of humor and likes to full belly chuckle at me sometimes. Anywho, time to relax, with my chaotic house.. oops I mean, my darling family.

xoxo - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment