Friday, April 15, 2011

Quick Note. [ DEF FAMILIA ]

Gizelle and I walked in the Fashion Show at her school a few weeks ago, and unfortunately we did not get to stay for the whole thing. I remember hearing the school was selling Def Familia shirts, and I just thought some of the students made some type of group. If I had known ahead of time I wasn't going to stay for the whole show, then I would have bought some shirts and actually found out who Def Familia was.

( Picture taken from their facebook page here )


Today, I was just thinking about a bunch of stuff. For some reason, Def Familia ran through my mind. Google here I come. Def Familia, is a group from New Jersey that makes music and has a goal of uniting the deaf and hearing worlds. They are amazing. I wish I would have stayed to see them perform. You can look them up at www.deffamilia.com Honestly, I looked them up on youtube, and the first video I watched just had me with my jaw dropped. here it is.

 I just wanted to give them the mention that they deserve. If you just read a little about them and watch a few of their videos, maybe you will feel the same. I hope they don't stop doing what they do, I doubt they will.  If they happen to read this, then much love and I am honestly impressed and am so glad to see somebody doing this. I can't wait for Gizelle to get home from school so I can show her the video. I don't know why, but I always get hype when I find videos or things in ASL and Gizelle just looks at me like "I don't care leave me alone". I could imagine being in the room with say, a chinese person, and everytime the chinese person found a video in english they were like LOOK LOOK LOOK. I guess I just don't think it through sometimes. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy my find, and Def Mafia, I hope to see more awesome posts/videos from you guys so you can be re-mentioned here at Mother Of A Deaf Diva.

xoxo- Katie

1 comment: