Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mommy and the terrible horrible no good very bad day [self explanitory]

I woke up today, and all I wanted was to be with my family. I wanted to cuddle up with the girls, and watch toy story 3, or beverly hills chihuahua. I wanted to hang out with Shawn and talk about whatever is on our minds. Of course, Gizelle was in school, Shawn was at work, and Aubrey was at Shawns mothers house. Bummer.

Not too long after I woke up, I had a killer stomach ache. I ended up with my blanket, curled up on the couch, watching random TV shows. Gizelle was home by 3, and her communication book said she had an okay today, minus some pushing and not sharing. Figures. She came in, and threw a fit because I didn't take her shoes off fast enough, didn't get her cup fast enough, and she tried to get her coat of and the zipper got stuck. She curled up under my blanket and watched Diego on netflix.

My mom pulled out a bag from the birthday party and forgot to put it back before she came home. Gizelle pulls out her polly pocket toys. Polly Pocket to me just means frustration. She loves to play with them, but the rubber clothes and little pieces, uggh. She can't just say Mommy I need help. I don't mean in english, I mean is ASL or anything. She refuses to ask for help. EVER. She thinks its easier to break out in a complete meltdown until somebody runs to her rescue. Frustration. Of course, one of Polly Pockets tiny black heels were missing, and that itself was no like, a 45 minute fight.

I told her she lost them, and if she didn't stop crying I would throw them in the trash. Which, of course, made things worse. She eventually got so upset she put them away. FINE. I thought maybe I could just let her pick something else to watch on netflix. She calmed down for a little bit. Then her princess purse, heels, and dress were missing. Another melt down. I asked her if she wanted some oodles of noodles. She told me no. I made myself a bowl, then she wanted some. Duhh, I knew I should have boiled more water. She ate it, then decided it was time to torture the dogs.

I got to hand it to the dogs. I have a 3 yr old pitbull/lab mix, and a 4 month old pittbull/american bulldog mix. Gizelle jumps on them. Beats them. Throws stuff at them. Kisses them. Bites them. It never ends. She loves them, but she just doesn't understand why I put her on time out when she bites them. The dogs have never even nipped at her. She usually favors Tessa (the 4 month old) to bite and pull her tail, but today she decided to bite Monty (the 3 yr old baby). I bit her back. Of course not hard. She got pissed off at me and tried to go to sleep.

She ended up sitting up and just screaming. I thought that I could give her back her Nitendo DS and she could play that. Oh wait, she lost her stylus or whatever the pen things are called, because she doesn't take care of her stuff. I tried to show her she can use the tip of her finger, but she wasn't getting it. Instead, she decides to get more mad, and try shutting her hand in her DS. I grabbed it off her, angry, because mommy has had enough of the Diva attitude today. I told her she's all done with her game, all done with her toys, all done with everything. I told her to stop throwing, stop biting, stop shoving, stop being mad. I told her she made me sad. Her reply is to shove as many fingers as she can in her mouth, and just make noises while crying her eyes out. I asked her to come sit next to me, like I usually do after I give her a little bit to think about what she did. She usually comes right over, I re-explain, and I make her apoligize and send her on her way to do whatever it is she wants to do. But no, today is just a rough day for the both of us I guess.

After she finally comes over, I hear "MOMMY!" I didn't even hear Shawn and Aubrey come in because I was so irritated. Now I have everybody I wanted to cuddle with and spend time with home, but now I just want to take a break. I'm not a big drinker, but this is one of those "I could really use a drink" moments. Now everytime Gizelle does anything and I just try to correct her, not even with a mean face, she gets really sad. I can't win. It's only 6:30, so I there is some hope that the day makes a turn around. Oh whoops, I haven't even put thought into dinner. I think it's so funny that when Shawn comes in the door, everybody is an angel. Tessa is sleeping in my lap, Gizelle is quietly happily playing (with her sisters new toys she walked in with, go figure), Aubrey is watching Bubble Guppies, and Monty is showing Daddy how much he missed him. And I still sit here a little bothered by how crappy the day has gone.

Maybe if things get better, I will make a short post (hahaha short post.. yea right) later. as of now my "smiley face" is this =[ and not this =) ..

xoxo Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment