Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Out and About [busy.busy.busy]

Yesterday was a good day! I didn't write last night because I just had the alot of my mind and I needed to spend some time with my bed. I am guilty of not taking Aubrey to go get her toy for going on the potty yet, but I keep telling her that if you go pee pee on the potty you get presents, and she is atleast putting in the effort by sitting on the potty.

It was nice having Shawn off for a day. We went food shopping, then came home. I love getting Gizelle off the bus when the dogs are sitting at the front door watching thru the glass. They are her big protectors. My mom said the other day she went to put her on the bus, and she had Tessa out with her, and Tessa decided to get on the bus and just smell it out then got off. Weirdo dogs.

I started getting the girls ready for a busy day. Aubrey decides to wear this adorable jean-colored skirt that Aunt Maureen bought her, and an orange tank top. I had an idea for her her hair. It all started the night before, I got her out of the tub and was brushing her hair, and wanted to play with it. Aubrey could care less.


I thought it was pretty cute. They aren't tight. Oh, and that ice cream she is eating, is DELICIOUS. I love coldstone's cake batter ice cream, BUT Breyers & the Phillies combined and made this delcions ice cream called Batter Up which I am now addicted to. Anyway. I ded Aubreys hair, and Gizelle.. uggh.. Gizelle decides she wants to wear her shirt and skirt she wore to school, plus her headband, plus a tiara, plus 1 little tiny plastic hair clip, AND a light weight jacket, dress shoes and socks, and sunglasses. Plus her purse stocked with 2 different lipglosses, some nail polish, her disney princess perfume Aunt Brittany bought her (which smells like cotton candy and I steal some sometimes), and whatever else she could fit. Keep in mind, it was 83 degrees here yesterday. We were off to the park where there is a playground and my nephew Justin was playing baseball. I wore jeans and a shirt and I was hot. Gizelle didn't fight me when I asked her to take her coat off, but she didn't trust me with her purse. She carried this thing up every piece of gym equiptment, down every slide, etc.

My friend Laura and her son Damien were there and it was nice seeing her. I miss having talks with adults. It was a little funny, because 5+ years ago, me, her, and a whole lot of other people would sit exactly where we were sitting that day, for hours and days being teenagers and hanging out. If somebody would have told me then that now at this moment I would be sitting her chasing around my 2 beautiful kids with my husband, I probably would have laughed in your face. It is funny how things turn out.

After the long playground adventure, and Justins team winning (yay!), we had little to no time to waste. We had to jump in the car, drop my mom off, then go to Gizelles school for a meeting about planning for the ASDC conference in June. I have never left Aubrey with anybody that wasnt shawn or I, My mom, or Shawns mom and their household. The school provides babysitters for alot of stuff like this. People looked at me like I was crazy when I pep talked Aubrey. I told her "Now Boog, alot of the kids you are going to play with are like Gizelle and can't hear so we need to use Sign Language with them." We went over the important ones "Please", "Thank you" and "Sorry". I deemed her ready to run with the big dogs. I knew she wasn't just going to walk off with strangers, so I told them I would walk her the the playground they have on premisis and we will see how it goes. I told her, Mommy and Daddy will be right upstairs so if you want to come up just tell the big girls you want mommy or daddy. She said okay, and that she wanted to walk. I put her down, and she took off chasing the babysitter down the hall. She opened the door and Aubrey let out a quiet byeee and took off. *tear, tear*

She went thru the whole meeting from 6-7:45 without any trouble. The school is very good were if she would have even scraped her knee they would have ran up and told me. I was very impressed, and very proud. Some of the babysitters asked me what her name was and told me how perfect and adorable that she is. See it's not just me! Haha. At this point, I think we were all pretty beat. I decided that before we make our last stop we should drop the girls off at home with my mom since the could really use some down time. We had to go to Shawns mom and "have a talk with the boys" aka, Shawns nephews, Tony & Malachi, did something bad and since my husband is the greatest man since sliced bread (self procclaimed, lol) and thier dads are either rarely around and/or not great examples at all. Shawn is the main male role model in their lives, and it makes me proud.

 The boys recently had the privilage of getting a brand new PS3, and we even bought them a paddle because it only comes with 1. Tony, 13, decided to curse out his mother and say and do alot of very uneccessary things that made alot of people upset with him. I was pretty dissapointed. I know that he has been wanting a PS3 for awhile. me and Shawn even made a deal with him. If he goes to school every day and pulls his grades back up, which he can do the work he just says its boring so he doesn't do it, and chooses not to go to school. The deal, was that if he can do that, and stop being mean to his brother, then we will buy him a PS3. Withing 2 weeks he blew it, and gave his mom a hard time and didn't go to school. And now, a few months later, his mom bought him one, and after what happened, she called us saying she is going to sell it. I told Shawn we are going to buy it. We already have one, but we can have one for upstairs and downstairs, and the boys can know its safe. Maybe if they know that we have it, and if they want it back bad enough, they will stop misbehaving.

It was a long long day, and I was just ready to go to bed. Today, well.. I'll just write more later. =)

xoxo- Katie


2 comments:

  1. the hair looks great. How long did it took you to tie it? Must be quite some time

    ReplyDelete
  2. ** Small Kucing- not really, I was finished in no more the 15 minutes =)

    ReplyDelete