Sunday, April 10, 2011

Princesses, Race Cars, and the Potty [where art thou, Shawn]

So After I blogged yesterday , a few awesome things happened! Those of you who read this or just know my kids, know that Gizelle is the biggest snot-head sometimes. She hates sharing, she hates taking turns, everything is hers, and she will fight to prove her point. Gizelle, who was snooping throught bags, found her fairy dress that I bought her to wear when we strutted our stuff in the fashion show at her school. She automatically wanted to wear it, of course. I put it on her, Aubrey starts asking "wheres my dress?" Aubrey was never into dress up, so she doesn't have any. I swear, sometimes Gizelle can hear, either that or she secretly mastered reading lips. Gizelle runs away, and comes back with the princess Tiana dress that her Wely & Welo (her fathers parents)bought her, and she didn't even wear it yet. She SHARES the dress with her sister, HELPS her put it on, GIVES her the magic wand that matches,  and even FINDS her a Tiara to wear! NO WAY!!! They played, so nice, and were so good. Made Mommy proud =) Here is a picture of the love bugs.

Tell that isn't adorable!! Oh, and Gizelle used a stamp to make her mouth blue so her lips could match her dress. They are sharing they dresses and playing nicely again right now as I type! So, I think in order for them to play nicely, I must dress them up as princesses and fairys and such. Note taken!

After all the cute-sy stuff, Aubrey of course decides to run around naked. I was so wrapped up in downloading and reading all this crap so I can upgrade my android version since I was stuck in the land of 1.5. Aubrey made a noise, I look over and see this small little trickle of pee running down her leg. "NO!! Aubrey your supposed to pee-pee on the potty!" The potty was literally right in front of her. AND We made a deal, when she decides to go pee-pee on the potty, we will go to the store and buy her Baby All Gone. She has been begging for it. So, I flip up the potty lid and see there is 2 of the "bippity boppity boo" mouses in there from cinderella. I hurry and grab them out and my hand is in a liquid, and its warm. First thought, "whatever she needs to hurry up and go pee".. Second thought " SHE ALREADY DID!!"

Yes. on 4/9/2011, Aubrey Lorraine went on the potty all by herself. I grabbed her and swung her in a huge circle, cheering her and congratulating her. Her response?? "I don't want Baby All Gone" Really? Come on, I knew she didn't do it for free. "I want a guitar" HAHAHA I thought, Daddy is going to love this one. Of course, next thing she said was that she wanted to talk to him.

 She calls Daddy.. I lover her conversations "Hi Daddy! I miss you. I went pee pee on the potty, and I don't want baby all gone, I want a guitar. The phillies won, woohooo! I'm a princess. I love you. See ya tomorrow! Sweet Dreams!" We decided, we will take her to toys r us and let her get what she wants.

Now I am just counting down to when Shawn walks thru the door. I can't decide what I love more, The excitement I feel when the door "jingles" before it opens, or the kids faces (and the dogs) when they realize he's home. He doesn't care if he is in ACU's or not, he will sit and get all the hugs Aubrey and Gizelle have to offer, then sit on the couch and get all the kisses Monty can give. Sometimes I think Monty misses him more then I do!
 I love it. I love that he is drowned in love when he walks in. I love my husband. I love my family. Yea, it gets crazy, but I cherish every moment.

xoxo - Katie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit to my blog. You have some lovely photos, and what a beautiful family :-)

    -DP
    Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie
    Thanks for visiting!!! I'm happy to follow your blog. I'm hosting a happy monday blog hop please link up.

    ReplyDelete