Saturday, April 9, 2011

"Mommy, I'm mad at the Phillies" [philly.pride]


Today was good (it IS only 3:30 though). Last night, we learned that the government reached an agreement, and there will not be a government shutdown. Great! This morning, we started the day calm. Just the girls and I, and of course the dogs. We started watching cartoons. Gizelle was very into her little dress up princess dolls today. It was nice having her focused and busy, and quiet. I checked to see what time the game came on. 1:10, good, it left the kids with another 45 minutes of TV time, then game on.

I told Aubrey, since she was the only one watching TV, that it's time to say bye bye to cartoons because the Phillies were coming on. Her first reacton was "LETS GO PHILLIES WOOOOHOOO!" Then I changed to channel. I tried to get her to cheer again, she stomped her foot and gave me an ugly look. "Mommy, I'm MAD." "What's wrong Boog?" Boog is a name I gave her when she was an infant.. I called her my Booga Bear. "Mommy, I'm mad at the Phillies" I said "Are you mad at the Phillies, or are you mad because I turned off the cartoons?" She smiled and said "The Phillies are going to win" Thats my girl! haha

Right before the game started, I remembered I bought some temporary tattoo's. I only cut one, because Aubrey told me she didn't love the Phillies. I told her only Phillies Fans can have them. Gizelle gets excited as soon as she sees them. To say Phillies in Sign Language, you just sign a "P" on your chest, like how it says Phillies on their uniforms. Anyway, here is the tattoo that she is very proud to sport today.

Gotta love her zebra print pants! The game is still on (10-2 Phillies, bottom on the 9th), but I am multitasking since the munchkins are occupied by freeze pops and my cell phone game. I wish Shawn was here. I know he will be back tomorrow, but every time he's away over night, it kind of messes with the kids routine. Aubrey was really upset last night. She walked to me with her head down and her lip pucked out. "I miss daddy." And it wasn't her usual 'I miss daddy' it was as if she really needed him at that moment. I called him, not even sure if he would answer. Luckily, he did. Aubrey LOVES talking on the phone. "HI DAD! I LOVE YOU. AND I MISS YOU. IM GOING TO SLEEP ON YOUR PILLOW. THE PHILLIES LOST. I'LL SEE YA SOON. SWEET DREAMS!"

At least tonight, Aubrey can say we won today!

xoxo - Katie



1 comment:

  1. Hi! First time coming here thru MBC. You have a lovely blog here.

    Am now following you thru GFC.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete